Sunday, February 8, 2009

My mother

She spends a majority of her time, pining away for me. WHY? Because I'm an only child and I'm her life. She's not married, has no friends (has lots of cats though), she has no siblings of her own either. ALL she has is me.

She never fails to remind me of this either.

She has never been able to have a normal mother daughter relationship with me.
Tonights phone call (hopefully the last of 12 in 5 hrs) was just utter madness.
She asked me what i was doing which is what she asks everytime sh ecalls (Have i mentioned she calls ALWAYS the second she hears me walk in the door, and at bedtime, and first thing int he morning, and at naptime), With 5 kids on tow what does she usually think i'm doing.. umm gettinhg off coats and shoes an trying to keep the dogs from getting out the door and she obseissively calls if i don't answer, and she pouts if I'm curt with her.
I digress I told her I was doing what i'm always doing on a sunday night at 8:00, giving all the kids a bath/shower and trying to get them in bed. She's starts grilling me about what hubbys mother talked ot him about when she came to town a couple weeks ago, she starts asking me why i stopped working weekends, why I never spend anytime with her and how she's going to take me away to talk to her for a couple of days and that I will just have to leave the children with hubby and he'll have to deal. I told her he CAN"T... not for that long, and that i have too much to keep up on around the house. She said she NEEDS to talk to me and not on the phone, in person. I said fine then i'll come over for a few minutes once the kids are sacked out (she lives next door). She screamed I don't want just a minute here and there I want your undivided attention. I yelled back, MOTHER I have 5 kids, all i have to spare is a minute here and there! My kids are still little 7 and under! Plus we could be adding a 6th to the family! She yells Yeah and we're gonna come to an understanding about that too... WHAT THE HELL? Am I not 28 yrs old??? MOre than old enough to know i love my hubby, more than old enough to know I don't have time for childish games, and more than old enough to know what I'm doing and where I'm going with my life.

My mother NEVER ceases to amaze me.... EVER....I can hear her at her house banging stuff around and generally acting like she's two.

*off to go kill my cell phone for the night*

1 comment:

  1. OMG. You just described my mother to a t. Are you *sure* we're not sisters? Short of the thing about how many states away you are from me... I spent an hour on the phone with my own mother tonight. Eegads.

    ReplyDelete