Monday, January 26, 2009

And why can't they do it?

I really get fed up with other moms whining that they will ONLY have help with their children the first few days after they are born or OHH NOOO how will i take TWO kids shopping, whine whine.. I mean they might actually have to take care of the kids they had without help from anyone.. Ohh the horror!

I have 5 children , boys, I had them all in 6 yrs 3 months. One is special needs. I take care of them mostly by myself and during a break-up that lasted many months with their father (more on that in later blog posts), I was a single mother to 5 kids 6 and under. I did it.

I also work part time on top of everything else (I'm currently looking for a job right now though after being let go from t he pet store I worked at).

I had my first 3 boys in under 20 months ( a set of twins). My significant other was working full time as well as a college student so he couldn't help me with the boys. I don't remember much of those first few months. But I DID IT.

I have actually seen message board posts that say something to the efffect of "My mother in law has been here for 7 months helping me care for (pick a name). She's going back home tomorrow, WHAT DO I DO? How do i care for my child..."
Are you freeking kidding me??

No comments:

Post a Comment